March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's day

I had planned to do a Leprechaun hunt and have the kids find a pot of gold (chocolate coins) but couldn't find any, so we decided to just make rainbows. Lilly wasn't very interested in it today, and Payten started to do his but said it was taking too long so he only did half of his. I was explaining to Payten what today was and since his daddy's name is Patrick he turned to me and said "we have a Payten day too"? We were also going to make cookies or something fun but I think we'll save that for another day!

3 comments:

Special Treasures said...

Sounds just like payten.

Shannon said...

Way to go Mom! It is funny how quickly they lose interest sometimes. It looks like fun to me though:)

Andrea said...

That's a really cute craft. We did something similar, but with colored marshmellows. I think I like the fruit loops idea better.